WRO SA 2016 Robot Explorers Category
The WROSA Organising Committee has decided to continue with the Robot Explorer Category for the Regional and National Competitions this year, 2016. This is to cater for beginners who would also like to participate on competition day but are not yet ready for WRO.
The points may be scored in any order! (It is not compulsory to follow the order below)
- 1 RED cube and 1 BLUE cube need to be loaded onto the robot before the start
- The BLUE cube needs to be dropped in the GREEN start area (10 pts)
- The RED cube needs to be carried on the robot and dropped in the RED finish area (20 pts)
- Use the light/colour sensor to read and DISPLAY the word YELLOW on the screen for at least 5 seconds, when it detects the YELLOW waste disposal area (30 pts)
- Move the 2 RED trash cubes into the YELLOW waste disposal area:
- RED cubes moved completely outside their respective YELLOW circles (10pts each)
- RED cubes moved completely inside the YELLOW waste disposal area (10 pts each)
- Move the 3 BLUE clean cubes completely inside a YELLOW circle (10 pts each)
- Demonstrate the use of TWO of the following sensors: ULTRASONIC, GYRO or TOUCH (No fingers), anywhere on the white area of the challenge table (15 pts each)
- Score a goal! Knock the RED ball off the pedestal into the RED finish area (20 pts)
- If the pedestal is moved outside the YELLOW circle you receive a penalty (- 10 pts)
- Robot finishes completely inside the RED finish area (20 pts)
- The 3 BLUE cubes on the table are placed in 3 different YELLOW circles (+20)
- There may be an addition of a surprise rule at the National Competition for more bonus points.
- If there are teams with the same scores then they will run against each other with a timed round.